Now under new ownership! Order on www.lilyblooms.com and use code "blooms10" to save 10%.
Microbe-Lift PL - Gallon
MICROBE-LIFT/PL® - 1 Gallon
Specially Formulated for Decorative Fish Ponds, Lagoons & Smaller Water Features
The Science and Success Behind the MICROBE-LIFT/PL® Smell
When you open a bottle of MICROBE-LIFT/PL® there is a `rotten egg' smell. The odor is totally harmless, it dissipates within seconds, and it is there for a very good reason. MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is designed to naturally produce hydrogen sulfide and to serve important functions. The hydrogen sulfide acts like an anesthesia to put the bacteria to sleep. That's why the live bacteria in MICROBE-LIFT/PL® have the longest shelf life on the market. When you open the bottle and pour MICROBE-LIFT/PL® into your pond, the hydrogen sulfide flashes off and dilutes in the water, allowing the bacteria to wake up and become active again.
* Creates a cleaner environment for your pond, promoting faster fish growth
* Reduces ammonia nitrogen levels
* MICROBE-LIFT/PL® dissolves away organic sludge
* Seeds and maintains biological filters
* Significantly reduces noxious odors caused by dead algae, fish fecal matter, and urine
* MICROBE-LIFT/PL® reduces hydrogen sulfide, which creates strong, offensive odors
* Reduces biological oxygen demand (B.O.D.)
* Reduces buildup of bird droppings, fish feed and dead leaves
* MICROBE-LIFT/PL® breaks down dead algae
* Improves dissolved oxygen levels
* Contains photosynthetic bacteria which reduces cloudy water by promoting flocculation and settling of organic and inorganic particles
* Effective over a wide range of pH conditions
* Continued biological activity even in water temperatures under 55°F
So, why buy a product that smells like rotten eggs?
BECAUSE IT'S SIMPLY THE BEST PRODUCT ON THE MARKET!
For years, people have tapped solar energy for a number of applications, such as rooftop solar panels for heating water, or photoelectric cells for generating electricity. Many calculators are made with small photoelectric cells that run off light instead of requiring batteries. Imagine tapping that great, free source of energy to reduce the maintenance of your pond. Well...you can!
Like solar panels and photoelectric cells, the photosynthetic bacteria in MICROBE-LIFT/PL® use energy from the sun to drive natural biological processes that will keep your pond clear and sediment-free. MICROBE-LIFT/PL® will also reduce the maintenance on your filter. MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is the ONLY pond clarifier on the market with photosynthetic bacteria, one of the major reasons MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is the #1 pond clarifier asked for by name! Another reason that MICROBE-LIFT/PL® can cut your pond and filter maintenance in half is its unique ability to tap this abundant power supply, the Sun! And you thought the sun was only good for nice weather and a tan!
How is MICROBE-LIFT/PL® different from other biological products for ponds?
There are a number of important differences that make MICROBE-LIFT/PL® far superior to other bacterial products. Here are just a few:
1. MICROBE-LIFT/PL® contains photosynthetic bacteria which can be very beneficial in balancing the ecology of a pond. These bacteria can use sunlight as a source of energy, taking some of the load off of the aerobic heterotrophs. This is why MICROBE-LIFT/PL® has it's characteristic purple/red color. We DO NOT add food coloring or other types of pigments to MICROBE-LIFT/PL®! Like all photosynthetic organisms, photosynthetic bacteria needs a pigmented material to absorb the sunlight. Chlorophyll is responsible for the green hues in plants. Carotenoids gives photosynthetic bacteria its purple/red hue. Initially, when we start to grow our product, the medium is clear. But after a few days of exposure to sunlight, as if by magic, the bacteria synthesize this natural pigment and it turns purple/red. Since photosynthetic bacteria are so very beneficial to ponds, other products claim to contain these bacteria too. However, a product that is CLEAR CANNOT CONTAIN PHOTOSYNTHETIC BACTERIA because light passes through clear liquid, so it is simply impossible!!!
2. Ecological Laboratories, Inc. is the basic manufacturer of MICROBE-LIFT/PL®. Many other companies DO NOT produce their own bacteria. Their products are stock products: mass produced by large culture manufacturers, sold for any number of applications and packaged under a variety of labels. Most of these products contain only aerobic heterotrophs and facultative anaerobes. While these may provide some benefit in a pond environment, they CANNOT balance the pond's ecosystem the way MICROBE-LIFT/PL®'s consortium of aerobic heterotrophs, facultative anaerobes plus photosynthetic, anaerobic and chemosynthetic organisms can.
3. MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is a virtual ECOSYSTEM IN A BOTTLE! MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is grown in the container in which it is sold because the organisms grow synergistically, the way they have to work in your pond, together. Most products from mass producers of bacteria are grown as individual strains in large tanks or, if they are a dry product, in tray fermentors. Then they are blended before packaging with very little knowledge of how they will interact in the pond environment or any environment for that matter. of another company's individual products to achieve the same results! So while the price of MICROBE-LIFT/PL® may be a little higher than some of our competition, you can end up saving three to four times what you might have spent!
4. A single box of MICROBE-LIFT/PL® is so versatile that you would have to purchase three or four of another company's individual products to achieve the same results! So while the price of MICROBE-LIFT/PL® may be a little higher than some of our competition, you can end up saving three to four times what you might have spent!
5. Upon being asked why he recommends MICROBE-LIFT/PL® and what it can do for a pond, the most successful salesman from one of our best dealers simply replied: "MICROBE-LIFT/PL® cuts your maintenance in half!" Simple...very effective...and true!